Sunday, August 7, 2011

Words

Ive written so many songs
sometimes the words flow from the pen
Others my mind has to do the work
these songs mean much less now than they did then
but I keep them as a reminder in this songbook I keep
i hold my life & my love, my carreer, my strength, & my weakness, my anger & my hate
& if you can piece together the puzzle
youll see the real me
Behind the mask
Unveiled for all to see
i dont make up my life to sell a record
i give it all, true and hard, to give a message to the people
ive had many problems, be it parents, lovers, or myself
i show where ive been, under concert hall, or church steeple
some may judge my music and my words
but know this, I dont intend to steer wrong
but a pictures worth a thousand words
so I have many words to make up for to show this is no story of the strong
theres always a meaning in what I write
and music is just a medium for the message
this is no question of wrong or right
its a story meant to be imbedded
in the brains of the young or old
to show a way they can make it thru
to show how they may behold
in all the troubles life threw
my heart is poured on these pages
my life is shown on the stages
my will is given to rages
but all you need to know is im no fake

No comments:

Post a Comment